Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mountain Missionary


I've been reminiscing a lot lately. I've been thinking about all the places I've been and the people I've known. What a journey it has been...


How well I remember being a young woman full of vision and energy that I wanted to pour out upon the world.... I had a dream of living among the mountain people of my home state of Washington. I would leave myself unemployed for the sole purpose of evangelizing one on one. I was quite brave and independent. My plans were to live in a tent all year long except the wintertime. I planned to live by faith and trust God to supply the money I would need for winter shelter and other needs that would arise while I continued to serve my mountain people. Months were spent saving up money for food and other necessities and I was collecting quite a supply of camping gear and all weather clothing. I was excited and full of zeal and ready to pour my life out for the world! Even though I had never heard of the term missionary, I guess that's what I wanted to be.

Well, it's now 28 years later and that dream never materialized. Do you know why? Because it wasn't the Father's plan for my life- that's why. I hadn't learned to listen for His voice. My heart still longs to share the love of God with all people but God's plans for me included sharing a tent with my husband and sharing the Lord with the Texas river people instead- for a little while anyway... Then He wanted me to birth and raise four sons plus a thousand other things.

I've had various outreach opportunities through the years but right now I'm simply enjoying this pleasant little blog spot and letting the Father lead me and guide me day by day. His plans and my plans have gradually become one. I've learned through His teaching, to rest in His will and not strive.

If you're frustrated or confused because there is something that you think you're supposed to be doing but it's just not happening- just relax. God is big and He is well able to guide you. He is leading you- even now.

No comments: