Friday, August 1, 2008

It Wasn't Supposed To Turn Out Like This!


I know I have said this before but I think anything worth saying is worth repeating don't you?

We don't have to know it all.
We don't have to figure everything out.

Maybe something has happened in your life that has "thrown you for a loop".
Perhaps you THOUGHT life was heading in a particular direction and then SCREECH! Instead, life took a U- turn. Maybe you even thought that the Lord had orchestrated events to help make the trip more pleasant for you but now you're wondering if the Lord had anything to do with your plans at all...

(Shrug-shrug)

Hey, it doesn't matter.

It really doesn't!

Life can be complicated enough with out having to figure everything out. Just live! Just get on with life! I hope that doesn't sound hard or lacking in compassion, but friends, sometimes we just have to move on.

And it doesn't hurt to laugh at ourselves either. :>

Keep a sense of humor.

It's no big deal-

compared to God...

Lord, I ask that you help my friends to enjoy the journey and not be concerned about where the journey is taking them. Thanks.

10 comments:

candy said...

So true!

The older Ive gotten, the more Im able to laugh at myself :) I laugh at myself a lot now LOL

Great post :)



hugs
candy

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Your blog is beautiful and so refreshing..
Thank you for the inspiration!
Jo-Anne

Unknown said...

Thank you for those wonderful words. I am in one of those SCREECHING halts..and maybe new directions for our family. I need to be reminded that GOD ultimately has the bigger plan in mind and IS in control..becayse I sure want to figure it all out! lol

Holly said...

Candy, I thank God for humor! He's used it to help me through many a rough spot.

~ Hearts~

Holly said...

Hi, Rosechic!

I guess the reason why we want to figure everything out is because we think that will give us some control. How does that sound? :> I'm so glad that God can be trusted. He knows it all!

Hey, I love your work. It's so beautiful!

Holly said...

Hi, Jo-ane! Another beautiful artist! I could just look at your blog all day! Thank you for coming by.

Sherry Williams said...

Hi Holly...I am Sherry. So nice to meet you. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Your blog is so sweet...I can learn alot from you. Hugs, Sherry

Holly said...

Hi, Sherry! What a nice surprise to find a new friend and a hug!

Here's one back atcha!

~ Hugs and Hearts~

Unknown said...

SO TRUE HOLLY! So very true!

Idont think I will be able to sign up for the retreat the way things are going. I do hope you enjoy it and I cant wait to see your creations!

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Aw... I'll miss seeing you, Amy but thanks for letting me know.

~ Hearts ~