Monday, November 17, 2008

Mountain Climbing



I wanted to show you a photo of the small mountain that I climbed recently.
This is Pearis mountain and it can be seen from my house.
(But that is not my house in the picture!)
I love to watch the seasons change on this mountain.
This photo was obviously taken in early Spring because the mountain isn't green yet.
When I climbed it, it was yellow with the last of the Fall leaves.
The famous Appalachian trail runs over Pearis mountain so now I can say that I have hiked on the Appalachian Trail.
It's fun to imagine hiking the whole trail someday.
But that's likely to remain an imagination!
I didn't gain any real spiritual insight from this hike but I did gain a practical one:
DON'T go mountain climbing shortly after recovering from the flu or you're likely to have a relapse!
:>
Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Holly! I am so sorry you have been ill. I hope you are much better now.

Thank you so much for thinking of me :) Your so sweet. this time of year is very hard for me emotionally. I am just taking some needed time. I have not felt like posting or visiting much. Hopefully soon :)

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

We all need our quiet, Amy! Just know that you're being thought of and loved!

~ Hugs ~

The Little Miss said...

you go girl! Im proud of u! I need to walk!!! haha
Im getting a package together for you! its so much fun!!!
xoxox

The Little Miss said...

you go girl! Im proud of u! I need to walk!!! haha
Im getting a package together for you! its so much fun!!!
xoxox

Holly said...

Woo-hoo! I can't wait! I'll be going and going to that mail box!

:>

Christie said...

Hey Holly,
You are so blessed to live near the mountains and to have this mountain view. I always say that I left a piece of my heart in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennesee. (We vacationed there in 2006) I loved it there... in those mountains. I bet your hike was beautiful...Getting out in nature is always wonderful...there's no other place I'd rather be.
xoxo,
Queenie
P.S. Something went wrong on my first comment, so if you get two comments from me.... sounding the same...it's because I couldn't remember what I wrote word for word the first time. LOL!

Christie said...

P.S. I hope you are feeling better too.
xoxo,
Queenie