Wednesday, August 1, 2007

His Temple



We are His New Temple.

We don't have to look up when we pray.

We don't have to gaze off into some far away land to look for Him!

He has already come!

He is already here- in you and in me- if we have received Him.

May the reality of His indwelling presence fill our hearts and the minds of all of God's people!

Following are some verses from scripture that I found concerning His present habitation. Can you find more? If so, please share them with me!

~
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be *in you*. (John 14:17)

In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I *in you*; (John 14:20)

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I *in them*. (John 17:26)

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come *in to him*, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Rev 3:20)

Or know ye not that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is *in you*, which ye have from God? and ye are not your own; (1Co 6:19)

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell *in them*, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (2Co 6:16)

...to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ *in you*, the hope of glory: (Col 1:27)

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he *in us*, because he hath given us of his Spirit. (1Jo 4:13)

...one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and *in you* all. (Eph 4:6)

And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is *in you* of a truth. (1Co 14:25)

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell *in you*. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be *in you*, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell *in you*, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth *in you*. (Rom 8:9-11)

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is *in you*, except ye be reprobates?
(2Co 13:5)


But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son *in me*, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
(Gal. 1:15-16)

No comments: