Saturday, September 1, 2007

Partakers



One quiet morning this week while reading the scriptures I came across something very amazing!
I read that I am able to be a *partaker of His divine nature*.
Wow! Me? Partaker of something divine?
I will admit that there are times that I certainly do not feel divine- rather I feel like a tough, old, battered bird and very much a partaker of the things of this earth.
BUT!
But God has said that through the knowledge of Him,
I am given promises- and that by those promises I might be a *partaker of the divine nature*. (2 Pt. 1:3-4)
So, if I know Him and I know His promises.... I can taste of the heavenlies. I can be holy just as He is holy. Amazing!
I CAN walk in the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lust of the flesh.
I can live a humanly impossible life! And you can too.
Don't fall for the accusations from our enemies.
You can follow wholly after the Lord Jesus Christ just like anyone else!
You *can* be a partaker of His divine nature.

No comments: