Saturday, December 1, 2007

Stay Soft




~But exhort one another daily....
lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. ~


I allowed my heart to be hardened last week.
I did so by not stopping to hear what the Lord thought about a certain decision I made.
I had many excuses for doing so, but none of them kept my heart soft. Within hours I became cold, distant and indifferent toward my Lord. My gracious Lord then chastised me.
He didn't let me go my own way! I'm so glad.
Suddenly I was able to hear His voice correct me and instruct me to obey. I obeyed and then joy came.
I felt light again!
There was no heavy burden but an easy and light one.
What a joy to serve a risen Saviour!

Listen to His voice. Don't be afraid of what He tells you.
He doesn't ask us to do anything that He won't enable us to do by His power. Harden not your heart.

Stay soft.

No comments: