Friday, February 1, 2008

Sin Has No Power Over You!

Once I heard a young child pray, "Lord, you are so much more powerful than sin!" I've been thinking about that simple yet profound truth ever since.
How real it has become to me!
I don't have to be afraid of sin!
God can handle it.
It's not my job- it's His!

This morning while reading the scriptures, I came across the following:
" and in nothing be terrified by your adversaries."

I don't know about you but the only adversaries I'm facing right now are spiritual ones. They are invisible yet they threaten to steal all manner of spiritual blessings away from me. But in the same book of Philippians, God gives us this assurance:

" that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

He will finish the work He began in us! He died to save us from sin;
to save us for a life victorious and full of His power and glory!

Please don't grow weary .
If there is a sin that you think threatens to entangle you
or make you stumble, don't give up! Look to Him!

"Reckon yourselves dead indeed to sin.”

"Sin shall not have dominion over you.”

These are His promises and He is faithful.

No comments: