Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ageless Time


When I was a young girl, say 11 years old, I made a vow to myself. I vowed that I would NEVER forget what it was like to be a child and not be taken seriously! I felt trapped in a child’s body. I remember one particular incident that illustrates this well.

My elementary school was scheduled to hold it’s end of the year games at the the local high school. I was so embarrassed to be traveling there with my school mates. I couldn't tolerate the thought of one of those high school students seeing me and thinking that I was one of the children! Ha!

Age and time are so strange... My sister in law was older than I was and unlike me, she had been raised "in church". She knew many verses of scripture and she was used of the Lord to help draw me to Him. My sister in law wanted to help me so she had previously given me a Bible and had hoped that I would read it. But, I had no interest in reading it until after I told the Lord I needed Him and He then entered in to sup with me and changed me. Well, after I began reading the Bible, to her surprise, I began to explain it to her! How could that be? It could be because life in Christ is ageless. When He is in us and lives through us, we see that reflected according to His will, not according to our age. Have you ever heard a young child say something profound?

I sum all this up to say- I don't care how old you are or who you are. God can speak through you. Does He want to speak to me through you? Maybe He does...

4 comments:

peterj said...

Interesting blog Holly,what you say is very true,God does work through all of the body of Christ,from the oldest to the youngest christian.Some christians have a gift of insight which you may be alluding to?

Holly said...

Hi there, peterj!

More and more, I see Christ as THE GIFT!

Anonymous said...

I loved this Holly.....

Joian

Holly said...

Thanks, Joian!

Jesus!
Jesus!
Life!
The Fountain!