Friday, August 1, 2008

Beware Of The Parrot


When talking about spiritual things, do you talk about what you've been told or about what you know? There is a difference. There is!


There are times when I can hear someone speak or I can read what they say and I can tell that they are not speaking from what has been truth, life and reality to them. Instead, they are speaking what they've been told is the correct doctrine to believe. Then they feel obligated to indoctrinate the rest of us. :>

At this same time, something really weird happens.
It's as if this "other" person steps in.
It's like a trained parrot takes over but then- Pop! It's gone and the real person is back in his place. You know, the real person who doesn't really know everything- only what he has been taught of the Lord.


Now what's really gross about all this is that I can look back upon my own words- my own past -and see that silly parrot take over for a bit. ~ Blush~
I say it's really gross because self- righteous pride and indoctrination never looks as bad as it does on our own selves. ~ Blush again~

Lord have mercy!
And He does.
He knows.
We amuse Him just like children amuse us.
It's okay.
We learn.
We grow up- eventually- because He grows us up.
He teaches us and what He teaches us becomes life!

No comments: