Friday, August 1, 2008

Wonderful Watermelon Weather


It was a hot Summers day...
The kind that makes me want to cry.
A friend walked up to me and smiling brightly she said, "Isn't this wonderful watermelon weather!?"

~ G-rrrrrr ~


She then proceeded to explain to me that she had a friend who had once said the same to her.

Her friend had suggested that instead of complaining about the heat, we should try remembering that without hot summer days, the watermelons wouldn't grow well.
What a great way of looking at the heat!
I'm trying to remember that.
I promise.

I really am.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh that watermelon looks so good to eat. All this week i been eatting some for snacks.
His is the vine He bears much fruit from me depart from him you can do nothing.
hugs love this blog!!
ginger

Holly said...

We've been eating Watermelon all week, too! And drinking the juice! Yum!

Have an amazing day, Ginger!

~ Hugs and hearts~

candy said...

I will try to look at the heat that way. Though it will be hard for me since I hate summer with a passion. I feel badly that I hate it something that God created for me! I try not to but its hard. Im part eskimo and I swear that may have to do with why I dont like the heat and prefer the cold LOL I seriously feel like I come alive and think clearer and breathe better in winter time.
Also the heat gives me migraines and stomach and skin issues very badly, to the extreme actually so I suffer alot during summer months :(
BUT... I will try to remember that and pray that my attitude will change about hot weather!
:)
candy

Holly said...

Oh, Candy, I know what you mean! I was rasised in the Seattle area so I didn't experience much heat growing up. I think clearer and breathe easier in the cold, too!

This is my third Summer in Virginia and it's been the best yet heat wise. One thing that has helped is running the air conditioning even if it's not too hot- just to cut down on the humidity and I feel much better. Also, we have a pool now so "it" can get hot if "it" wants too! :>

I hope you have an early Autumn!

~ Hugs ~