Monday, September 1, 2008

She Loves Me She Loves Me Not


There is one thing that most women have in common. It is thoughts like these:

"Does she like me?
Did I do something wrong?
Is she mad at me?"

I'm telling you it's a scourge among women!
Why do we CARE so much?
Five other women might like us so why do we care if SHE does or not?
Why do we care if anyone does?
Well, we all want to be accepted. Right?
But does pride worm its way in there somewhere too?
I don't know...

One of the lessons I've been learning for the past few years
(yes, I'm a slow learner.) is that I am accepted IN HIM.
Being accepted of others should NOT be so important.
If I am busy loving others, I shouldn't be worried if they are loving me back!
God's love is unconditional and when we are abiding in Him, His love will flow.

We have to be comfortable and happy with who we are as women.
Let's just relax.

Besides, how do we know that she wasn't just having a bad day?
Maybe she had a head ache.
Have you ever been less than friendly because you were in a hurry or you were going through a hard time and needed some space?
Maybe she's like that too.


But then again, there will be women who just plain don't like us!
:<
That's life, but I can't take it personally because guess what?
I don't instantly like everybody either! Ha!
But I do try and look for the good in everyone.
And I know that God loves them more than I do.

How about this? Let's be content in who we are in Christ and leave our reputation up to him. Are you with me?

2 comments:

candy said...

Thanks for the comment the other day...yes, home schooling is going GREAT!
I was scared that it would be hard.
And now I am wondering if I am doing everything right because so far it is SUPER easy!!!! Because we find it so easy, does that mean were not doing enough or anything? Thats what Im wondering about.
We are focusing on math, Language arts (which is writing, grammer, spelling, reading), social (Canadian and US Geography) and just a bit of science (just reading books about it) We tackle those subjects in the mornings. We also read our BIble together for one hour in the morning.
Then we are done!
In the afternoon we go for a walk (for "phys ed") or our son does hockey/skating. And we reading time where our son can relax and read any book.
So really its only the mornings that we work. Each subject is 45 mins long.So it seems way too easy LOL

This was a great post. The older I get the less I worry about those who dont like me. I used to worry soooooo much about that. I think God healed me, or I grew out of that. It still hurts as obviously we always like to be liked and it can sting when people are mean. I love nice, kind, sweet people (they are easy to like LOL)
But, yep you are right, not eveyone is going to like us. I went thru this recently when a blogger seemed to really like me and out of the blue she stopped visiting my blog and removed my blog name off her sidebar. I had no clue what I did. I am sure there is nothing I did but maybe it was my talking about The Lord or something that she didnt like as she isnt a Christian. WHo knows. It hurt my feelings for a minute and then I was over it LOL What can ya do.
Jesus love me, this I know :) so thats good enough for me. ANd like you said theres always some others that will like me so, so those that done, oh well, thats all we can do.
Im with ya :)

Holly said...

Hi, Candy!

I'm so glad you stopped by and I'm so glad HS is going well for you! It doesn't have to be hard. ;> You and I have it pretty easy though having only one boy. It's a bit more stressful when there's more children- especially if one happens to be a todler! And I really don't think there's such a thing as doing it right or wrong. Different methods (or no methods!) work for different people. It sounds like you're transitioning smoothly into what works for you. Enjoy!

As far as people liking us:

My skin gets thicker every year but I still tend to be a highly sensitive person. I'm glad it's getting easier for you!

Well, it's getting close to my bed time!

Good night!