Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Do You Feel Lonely?


Do you feel lonely?
We've all heard of people who feel lonely even when they are in a room full of people. What gives?
I used to feel lonely all the time.
I think the reason I was lonely is because I was wanting something that I didn't have.
I was convinced there was someone who *should* be in my life and that spot was not filled. The result of that mind set was lonliness.
A full life that should have been resulting in happiness- wasn't.
I was miserable.
I somehow thought that God's will for my life included people that He had not given me.

As I look back at silly ole me, I remind myself of a little girl who refused to eat her vegetables because she wanted her desert!
Can you just imagine my long legs kicking and the miserable look on my face? :> How embarrassing!
I now know that God can be trusted to bring me to the people He has chosen for me. Setting our hearts on something that isn't ours, is not fun.
Coveting makes us discontent! Yuk!
HIS will- will be done in my life and yours.
It *IS* being done.
That's the clincher.
It *IS* being done.
It's not some far off day when life is all we think it should be.
If our situation is "supposed" to be different than what is is- He will change it.
He is mighty to save and strong to deliver from all things- including loneliness.
May you be blessed with contentment and trust today as you walk with Him.

5 comments:

The Little Miss said...

Do you want your partner already? I already have her

Unknown said...

I completely have felt this way many of times! When I was at a point in my life when i was unhappy with myself, I definitely felt alone all of the time ~ even though I wasnt. Beautiful post as always Holly :)

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Hello, Amy!

I've often seen self pity and lonliness walk hand in hand- have you? Doncha think peace and contentment make much better friends?

Love,
Holly

Christie said...

Hey Holley!
This is a wonderful post....God does put who he wants in our lives...I am so glad I met you! I love reading your posts. You are a wise lady. Hope you have a great evening!
xoxo,
Queenie

Holly said...

Hi, Queenie!

I Just finshed up fellowshiping with a girl friend over supper and now I see I had another girl friend stop by to bless me! ;> I'm glad I met you too, Queenie! I Hope you're having a lovely evening as well!

~ Hearts ~