Sunday, October 5, 2008

To know Him More


Oh I want to know you more
Deep within my heart I want to know you
Lord I want to know you
And I would give my final breath
Just to know you in your death and resurrection
Lord I want to know you more
Lord I want to know you more

Do you know God?
Or do you only know about Him?
He wants us to know Him.
He wants us to have a relationship with Him.

We can fellowship with Him.
We can abide in Him- stay in Him.
We can learn from Him.

Do you enjoy Him?
Is He your delight?
If your Christian life revolves around a list of "do's" and "don'ts' and looking to see whether you measure up or not, you are missing out on so much!

Do you know God?
He knows you.
He knows the very number of hairs on your head.
He knows your thoughts and everything you've ever done.
But there's another level of knowing that He wants each and every one of us to enter into.
He wants us to willingly let Him know us.
He wants us to yield to Him and be one with Him, that He might live through us.
He wants to commune with us and fill us.

My prayer for all of us is that we will look to our creator as a loving God and Father who delights when we draw near to Him.

Oh how He loves you and me.

I want to know Him more.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Praise the Lord....and in his presence is fullness of joy!
xoxo,
Queenie

Holly said...

Amen, Queenie! He turns mourning into joy!

~ Hearts ~