Friday, November 7, 2008

People Are Hurting


Do you see the unopened can in this photo?
I didn't see it at first.
All I saw was the huge white pumpkin!
That's how it is with people, too.
We don't always see what's almost hidden underneath.
The hurt that they are trying to hide isn't obvious to us.
We only see what they do, look like, or see what they have.
Who they really are, escapes our notice.

People are craving the love of God today.
They might not know it but they are!
What they need escapes their notice.
If there is someone in your life that irritates you exceedingly,
it could be that they are really, really hurting.
It could be that they need some love.

But maybe *you* are the one who is hurting today.
Maybe you've hidden it so well that you don't even know that the pain is there!
If I could give you a smile or a hug, I would.
But I can't, so I write down words as I pray.

Words.
Words can be powerful.
God *is* powerful.
Maybe the two together can make you feel loved.
Encouragement and acceptance-
just might be able to flow from this screen to you.

Whoever you are, God loves and cares about the real you;
the you that nobody seems to really see.
He cares about your pain and I do, too.
Understanding and patience dwells in our God.
May it flow from me to you- right now.

8 comments:

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

1946 years old, huh? You really ARE older than Methusla.....
:-D

Thank you for your lovely comments this morning! I don't know that we painters are particularly "special", but we do seem to have a God-given passion for what we do.

Your blog is so beautiful and inspirational. What a lovely way to start the weekend.

Warmest regards, Ronda

Holly said...

Hi, Rhonda! Your face is like a ray of sunshine over here!

Well, I think everyone is special- just in different ways. But since my mom was a painter, I just feel a connection with other painters that is... special!

~ Hearts ~

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Holly, Lovely post. A former pastor of mine use to say, "If all you have is God, then that is all you need." So true!!! Thank you for stopping by. Don't you just love the young girl and ducks print. I smile when I look at it. Have a joyful and blessed day. hugs, Ellen

Holly said...

Amen, Ellen! Good to see you.
Do you know the song:

Jesus Christ is made to me
All I need
All I need

It think it's a process.

Yes, I love that little girl print! She hangs in my entry way. I think it's fun to discover common decor among bloggers. Not to mention movies and books and...
:>

~ Hearts ~

the voice of melody said...

What a beautiful post. God's love shines right through you!

Hope you enjoy a beautiful day and many sweet blessings!

Holly said...

Oh, Melody, it is a most beautiful day here today and you just made it even more so! Enjoy your day, too! It's a great day to serve the Lord!

~ Hearts ~

The Little Miss said...

u are soooo sweet! I started writting u back and then life (my kids) got in the way...haha They are sooo cute! Christian says the funniest things. Sometime Im going to download a video of him singing Jesus Loves me! So cute!
Anyways...thanks for leaving such a sweet message on swap dex...:)

Holly said...

Oh, you mean the comment about my famous Casa Bella friend? Ha-ha!

I Would love to see that vid!

Nighty- night!