Monday, May 7, 2007

When God is Silent


I believe in the sun
Even when it isn't shinning
And I believe in love
Even when there's no one there
And I believe in God
And I believe in God
Even when- He is silent

Those are the words to a song that my husband would often sing when we first met. I didn't understand it then because I didn't know God then. But then I met God and knew Him but I still couldn't understand that song. I couldn't understand it because God was not silent to me. We enjoyed a very communicative relationship, but now- now I understand.

I have passed through a season of silence.
I'm still not sure why- but I trust Him.
If you are passing through such a time of silence, I hope to encourage you with these words:

He will never leave you or forsake you.
Lo, He is with you always.
Trust Him.
He will speak again.

No comments: