Thursday, November 1, 2007

Beloved Children


Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; (Eph. 5:1)

I read this verse the other day. It was one of those verses that I've read many times before but it had never "jumped out" at me like it did then. I saw in my mind a picture of a young toddler- a beloved child, who follows his Daddy wherever He goes. That same child believes whatever Daddy says. He clings to Daddy and doesn't want to let Him go! There's no one else that dear child would rather be with than Daddy. He adores his Daddy and delights in His presence. As long as Daddy is there- everything is going to be alright. Is that what Paul was intending for us to see? I want to follow God that way. Let's walk after God as dear little children and in that walk, nothing can go wrong.

No comments: