Thursday, November 1, 2007

Do You Want To Be An Island?



I don't like to get hurt, do you?
Of course not. What a silly question.
My reaction to hurt is to turn and hide.
Some people turn and fight- but not me!
I just want to be left alone.
I want to start singing some mixed up lines from the old Simon and Garfunkel tune:

I am a rock!
I am an island!

I have no need for friendship
Friendship causes pain
I touch no one and no one touches me

I am a rock!
I am an island!

And a rock feels no pain
And an island never cries
***************************

But that's not the answer.
It's true that there are times when our Father will whisk us away to a quiet place of being alone with Him but we can't hide. It's good to be open and yielded to Him for His use, even if we get hurt...
If you're still hurting, I pray that healing will come and make you whole.
We need you.

No comments: