Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Choice Is Ours


Do you ever have to learn the same lesson all over again?
I do. Did you wake up feeling happy today? I didn't.
I often wake up feeling joyful.
But then there are some mornings that... well... I just don't!
I wake up grumpy, tired and blue!
I don't want to get up and I cringe from the day ahead.
THAT"S when it's time to make a decision...

Okay, do I WANT to be grumpy?
Do I WANT to greet my family with a frown?
Do I WANT my gloominess to drip all over them?


And now I will ask you the same question-
Do you WANT to be down today?
Do you want to be cheerful and full of life?
Well, if you want to be- you can be.
We have no control over some things.
But how we respond to life, *is* in our control.
We have a choice.

But how do you get up out of the pit of gloominess if you find yourself there?

Begin with thanksgiving.
Did you get only 4 hours sleep last night?
Thank God for it.
It could have been worse!
You could have had only 2 hours sleep,
or worse yet, no sleep at all!
You could have been tortured all night in a prison camp.


Do you have lots of people waiting to be served by you today? Thank God for it.
You could be truly alone right now.
You could be laboring away in a prison camp.
Or you could be homeless on the streets of India.


Victory and joy- It so often begins with thanksgiving.
Thank God for a while this morning.
Thank him for everything you can think of and then start humming.
Soon, a song should come to your lips and a smile to that old grumpy face
and you'll feel yourself lifted up on the wings of praise.
Then you can truly minister to the Lord and any others you come across today.
We have a choice in how we respond to the difficulties of life AND the mundane things of life.
We don't have to have a bad day.
The choice is ours.

No comments: