Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Let's Fellowship


Let’s fellowship!
We hear of joining fellowships or being a part of a fellowship. We hear of fellowship times and getting together for fellowship. But just what is fellowship anyway?


My definition of fellowship is a sharing of Christ with one another.

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ. (1Jo 1:3)


When I talk to another believer of the Lord Jesus Christ, I want there to be an exchange that takes place; a sharing of the Lord and an exchange of our spiritual gifts that come from Him. I want to know- what is the Lord doing in you? How are you being conformed unto His image? What are you learning? Has the Spirit shown you things to come? May I comfort you through the things I have suffered?

I long deeply for your fellowship! The reason I am writing this is because I feel compelled to share with you what the Lord has given me. And this, to me is fellowship. Ever since my beginning in Christ, I have longed deeply to share Him with others but also to have others share Him with me! I need what you have! I want what you have! We need each other. This is the body of Christ.


I believe true fellowship is missing in many of our lives. We’ve heard “good sermons” or done good works but so many are shy when it comes to fellowship.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. ~ (1Jo 1:7)

What if we openly shared our hearts and lives with every disciple we met and they did the same with us? What if it didn’t matter where we were or if we were a part of their group or not? What if you fellowshipped with me and I with you and together we fellowshipped with my neighbor? Oh! My heart beats within me to see this happen for God’s people. Indeed, to see it happen for God! To see it happen for the world! No walls! No guards up! No suspicions! An openness of heart and a sharing of spiritual gifts. I don’t want to see us hide Christ in us or keep Him “personal” anymore.

If you feel yourself holding back from sharing Christ freely with other believers, ask the Lord why that is. We need you!

No comments: