Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It All Depends On How You Look At It


I like Dandelions.
I see them as a happy sign of Spring.
I even eat the new ones battered and fried!
But I haven't always felt this way.

Years ago, I had a tiny green lawn. I liked to think that it was one of the nicest lawns in town and I made sure to keep the dandelions OUT of it! But then my mother in law came from Texas to visit.

As we went out walking one day, we passed a yard FULL of dandelions.
"How pretty!" My mother in law exclaimed. "I wonder what all those pretty yellow flowers are!"
~ Smile~
I sputtered and stammered as I tried to explain that those pretty little flowers were weeds and that we didn't like them and that we tried to get rid of them.
~ Blush~

So often, life depends on how we look at it doesn't it?
I want to look at life with positive eyes.
Sure, there are some ugly things out there,
but we can think about how God will one day change it- that's positive.
We can think about the joy that will one day come.
We can rest in the knowledge that God knows how to comfort the broken and the broken hearted. Suffering DOES come to an end.
We can think about how Paul said that the sufferings of this time cannot be compared to the glory that will be revealed. (By the way, I believe him.)
The prophets have said that all flesh will see the salvation of God and that all will know Him. That's positive! That's something to look forward to.
And that's how I deal with the ugly things.
One day- somehow- someway- all and everything will be redeemed!
Even the dandelions.

~Smile~

No comments: