Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What If?


What if?
What if you met a child who was sad most of the time?
Would that make you sad?
What if when the subject of his dad came up, that child would hang his head?
What if he then made statements such as, 'I'm no good. I'm always messing up.
My Dad is disappointed in me. Why would my dad want to do anything for me?"
What would you think?
Would you think that there was something wrong with that child?
Or would you think there was something wrong with his DAD?
My guess is that you would suspect abuse on the part of the dad.
You might even feel anger toward that dad and have a desire to meet the guy!
Children should be happy!
Children should feel secure in their Daddy's love.
They should know that he desires to help them and do good things for them.
And when we hear of a dead beat dad who doesn't do these things, we feel sorry for a child.

That's sort of how I feel when I met a grown child of God who makes the same type of statements and then hangs his head. The only thing is, I KNOW his Dad! I know he's not abusive! I know that He is a loving and kind parent.

So what's the problem? Could it be that they really don't know their heavenly Dad? Could it possibly be that someone or something has clouded their perception of who God really is- what His character is like?

The Lord my God is my Dad. Is He yours? If He is yours, is He a "good dad'? How are we representing Him to other people? Let's Think about that.

No comments: