Sunday, June 1, 2008

Do You Wish You Could Sin, Sin, Sin?



Do you do certain things or refrain from doing certain things because you are afraid you will be hurt by God? When you live what looks like a "good" life, are you STILL afraid of being hurt by God? Do you think that a good reason to live a good life is because you hope to be rewarded at the end of your earthly life instead of punished? Are you secretly wishing you could sin as much as you wanted yet "get away" with it? I often wonder what it is that people wish they could do instead of "being a Christian"... What is it? Is it better than life, freedom and peace?

Is there something you want to do but you don't?
I guess I put sin in the same category as death, darkness and misery.
As someone who has been rescued, I can tell you -I don't want it! It's not fun!
I had my fill of it! I promise you, there's no joy in it!
Guilt, shame, rejection, emptiness and confusion-
that's what sin brings. Sin brings death and darkness. Death brings grief, misery and pain!

For any of you who secretly wish you could sin all you want to,
I plead with you to embrace your Savior and experience freedom from sin and freedom from fear. Enter into a relationship with your Spiritual Father and find out what true living is all about! When we are abiding in Him, we will want to do what He does! Not only that but He will live His life through us!
I want true living!
True living is about truth, light, life, and love!
Its pure, clean and bright!
Life in Christ is about joy, righteousness, and peace!
It's refreshing and renewing and cleansing!
It's about an exchanged life- death for life!
It's an excellent trade!

We don't HAVE to be Christians.
We have the privilege of being one with the God of all creation!
We have been given a precious gift- not a prison sentence!
Be free! Free from sin and free from fear!
Enter into the joy of the Lord!
Rejoice in it! Embrace it!
It is yours!

No comments: