Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Journey


Where are you at in your journey?
What is the Lord teaching you?
I once made a mistake in thinking that MY journey was supposed to be YOUR journey as well. ~Blush~

No, each path is one's own, although some may be similar.
Maybe you've already been where I am passing.
Perhaps you haven't been on my trail yet.
Let's respect one another.
I do not want to force anyone to walk with me.
I just want to share the souvenirs I've picked up along the way.
If you don't like them- that's okay.
Anything that I post on this blog is not an expectation that I have for you to perform or measure up. I love and accept you just the way you are.
If something makes me happy- I want you to be happy, too. That's all.
I'd love to hear about what you're discovering on your journey.
Let's share souvenirs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog- I'm so happy I found it! The Lord is teaching me a hard lesson lately. He is teaching me about what it truly means to forgive and to abandon anger and resentment through His love. I don't know how the situation is going to pan out but I know to trust the Lord even when it FEELS scary. I asked Him to show me how to be more like Christ and He's showing me alright! Now I just have to accept the teaching tools and methods He chooses.

It is very hard to do that when one side is pulling you one way (the God way) and the other side is pulling you the opposite way (selfish needs, wants, ideas, etc)

Yes ma`am I am looking to come out a better wife to my husband and have a stronger bond and a stronger marriage with my husband AND the Lord when all this strife ceases!

Holly said...

You're welcome, Sandie!

Thanks for for showing me part of your journey.

You're not alone, Sandie. He never leaves us or forsakes us but we have Him through each other, too! I love that!

You know, it's still amazing to me how anger and resentment can roll off of me when I get "lost" in my love for HIM; thinking about Him, talking to Him, worshipping...

But... There are those "other" times when dark blobs of bitterness and hurt want to cling to our hearts like a leech!

Yuk!

Well... They MUST go! If need be, they must be RIPPED off in Jesus' name!!! A trail of blood might be left in their place but our Lord can heal all those ugly wounds. Thank you, Lord!

Ahhh... I'm so glad we don't have to be left all alone with the ugliness that can TRY and take over at times. There's victory in the light of His love! There is!

Lord, I ask that you would live and love through Sandie today and totally AMAZE her with your ability to forgive through her. And I thank you that you are a healer, Lord. Thank you for healing your broken hearted child and binding up her wounds.

Amen