Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sring Up, Oh Well

Spring up oh well!
Ha-ha!
Can you imagine? Whoosh!
That's how it's been for me at times in this walk with the Lord.
Sometimes, I feel so full of Him that He simply cannot be contained!
And then, there's those other times.
Yeah, you know, those times...
The "duh" moments when it's like I'm just standing there looking down at a barely visible underground spring...
Bubble- bubble... Is it there?
Yeah, "it's" there- I promise.
He's there. He said He would never leave us or forsake us.

He's there, whether you feel Him or not...

Well, can we make Him be felt more? Can we turn that bubble into a geyser?
At one point in time I would have answered, "Yes." I would have suggested praying more, reading more scripture or how about popping in a new worship CD?
Well, God can use those things but that's just it-they're things. They're not Him and I have learned that I can't make Him do anything. (Surprise- surprise!)

The Lord knows your heart, my friend. Don't worry.
If you're going through what seems like a dry time, there might be more going on there than you think. The Lord is a creator of beautiful things and He is working in your life whether you see it or not.
He will finish the work he began in you.
And
They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength.

2 comments:

Tamela's Place said...

Your posts are very uplifting. I go through the Christian directory every so often and i came across yours. I love what you had to say on this one so very true! God bless you!

Holly said...

Hello, Tamela!

I should spend more time going through the directory, too. So many blogs, so little time. :>

Thanks for the encouragement! Have a wonderful day in His love.