Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just Hangin' Out


My tame Blackberries are ripening now and the wild ones are soon to follow. Yum!


When I walk around my property in the mornings, I stop and pick a few for an energy boost. The dew is heavy on them so there's no need to wash them. It's a sweet time of fellowship with my Lord as we walk together and then stop to pick a few berries.
If I feel a breeze, I'll stop and let it brush my cheek and I'll thank my Lord for it. It's a good time of just hanging out. Did you know that our Lord just wants to hang out with you? It is possible to find Him in between the lines of a prayer list. It is possible to find him anywhere. But what He really wants is a relationship with you. He just wants to hang out with you to get to know you and for you to get to know Him. Sure, He already knows all about you but He loves it when you willingly share bits of yourself with Him. That is a relationship and friendship. When you can confide or share secrets with someone- that's friendship, too. If you haven't already, try just hanging out with Him sometime. You'll love it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post! I love to sit on my bench under my backyard arbor or on my porch and just enjoy the beauty around me. It is unbelievable when you stop and let yourself enjoy it, isnt it? Even listening to the rain and wind as I lay in bed is comforting!!

Holly said...

Hi, Amy!

Yes, I can really rejoice along with the Lord when I simply observe His creation!

I just got up from a little rest and was listening to the wind and rain... The thunder wouldn't let me sleep though! ;>

Unknown said...

Just stopping in to say hi :) I hope you are doing well!

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Hi there, Amy!

I just finished up a 3 day visit with my 25 year old son. It was sad :< to see him go back home but I'm so glad he was able to come!

We have a choice in how we look at things- don't we? :>

Thanks for the hug. I needed one... Here's one back atcha!

~~HUG~~

Bek said...

Thanks for the post it is a good reminder for me.:) I get so busy doing things and doing things for the "work of the Lord" and the Church I don't always take the time just to be with him. I use to do it but now not as much.
Thanks for stiring me to find that time again.

Holly said...

You're welcome, Bek!

I'm a bit of a loner so it's easy for me to get quiet and alone with the Lord. As times goes by, I'm also learning to dwell in His presence even when we're not alone-even when life is busy. But I'll take quiet over busy any day. :>

Glad to meet you, Bek!