Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh Holly, Don't Be So Dramatic!


I often heard my mother say those very words to me.
The funny thing was, my mother was pretty dramatic herself.
:>
And just look at the sunset above.
Yup! That's right! Dramatic!
;>
Drama sort of runs in my family.
It's just who I am.
It's who I was created to be.


One of many lessons I've been learning for the past 2 years, is how to be myself.
It leads me to say this:
I think God LIKES us.
I do!
If you're a naturally quiet person,
your Father isn't hoping you'll be more outspoken so He can use you.
If you're loud and love to laugh,
He isn't hoping you'll tone down and sober up!
He made you!
Just be yourself.
He doesn't just love you because He "has" to.
He likes you!
And I do too.

Lord, please help all of us to stop pretending to be someone we're not. And thanks for creating us all differently.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely post Holly! And so very true! Like you, I am very dramatic, lol! Not a lot of my family members understand it, but that is just how I am! And I am NOT changing for anyone :)

I think you are a beautiful person and I am proud to "know" you!

More big bunny hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Aw, thanks, Amy! What a nice comment to wake up to. I've missed your dramatic self and I can use all the big bunny hugs I can get! :>

Have a fun day, Amy!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie! The pumpkins are the plastic~y ones at Michaels and Hobby Lobby :) You will LOVE your cuppycakes from Celeste! I have some in pink and my house is COVERED (LOL) in Celeste's work, She is the best :)

Love you!!
Amy

Holly said...

Thanks for answering, Amy! Wow, isn't amzing what a little paint can do?!

Love you, too!