Monday, September 1, 2008

Why No Links?


Have you ever wondered why I don't list links to other blogs in my side bar?
I've wondered that too and I finally figured it out!
:>
This is the main reason:
I absolutely hate it when someone is left out.
As long as I can remember, I've always cheered for the under dog.
Maybe because I was a lonely puppy myself?
To this day, if I am at a party or any type of gathering,
I immediately spot the one who seems alone, shy or left out.
I simply can't stand the thought of someone hurting or feeling lonely.
That's just the way God made me.
Now, if I listed some blog links in my side bar but accidentally forgot someone... well, that's the sort of thing that would make me BOLT upright at 1 :00 AM with a racing heart! Oh dear!

So, if you've wondered why I haven't linked to YOUR blog or other blogs, please don't feel hurt. And... I am known for changing my mind and practices very quickly so you just never know!

Thanks for understanding.

~ Hearts ~

2 comments:

candy said...

Dear Holly,
I can soooo relate to this post!!!!
Many times I was tempted, or just plainly wanted to have links of my friends blogs on my sidebar but like you, didnt want to hurt anyones feelings. If I did, like you again, it would make me feel so nervous and upset that Id wake up at 1am with a racing heart too!!!
And again, like you, :) I am known to change my mind. INfact I did try it a couple times, having a list on my sidebar but found I couldnt JUST list my "favorites" or my friends, so Id end up listing every visitor to my blog LOL and that didnt work out so Id always just remove it hours later.

Its the same thing with the "awards" that people give out. I appreciate when people think of me but I wont display the awards on my sidebar. Because, one has to ask themselve, why do we place value like this on stuff like blog awards. I dont like blog awards. Again it leaves others out and its just questionable to me.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents LOL

Hugs,
Candy

Holly said...

Hey, Candy!

It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

I was also hoping that I wasn't coming across as being stuck up by not linking. It's been a little test for me because I want my acceptance to be in the Lord- not in my peers. but i don't want my peers to be hurt either...

The whole award tradition is still a bit new to me. I guess it must be fun for some of the girls or they wouldn't do it. I *had* wondered though if it wouldn't put pressure on *me* if I ever was given one...

Well, every little sub culture has it's traditions. You'll find that with homeschooling too. The good news is that we can pick and choose which traditions we enjoy keeping and which ones we don't and ALL with out any guilt. Right?! :>

I signed up for the Sweet Six Studio Art Retreat and it started today! But wouldn't you know it- my computer decided to start acting up today too? It always behaves so well... Why,why, why??? :<

Help, Lord!

Talk to you later, Candy!

~ Hearts~