Monday, October 27, 2008

The Journey Continues


In my journey, I have experienced so much deliverence!
This morning, I'm thinking about freedom from judging others.
It used to be that I would often look or listen to someone and then claim that they were *falling away* from God, were not *right* with God or they didn't simply didn't know Him at all.

Yuk!

Now I look at my own life with a critical eye and I wonder....
How would I have judged me if I were looking at me right now?
Did that makes sense? ;>
I would probably say that I was too frivolous, too isolated, AND deceived.

:<

I remember once hotly declaring that I would "never be content!"
and that I would always want more!
I saw contentment as lukewarmness.
I felt like I should always be striving, pressing, fighting and agonizing over some spiritual grief.
And those who weren't?
Well... They were missing it.
Oh, I'm so glad that God loved me back then.
It helps me to love others now.
Here's to deliverance!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I cannot stand it when others judge others and dont look at there own life first!

Hugs,
Amy

Holly said...

Oh, I know! Like I said- deliverance! Thank you, Lord!

Hugs to you, too!

Christie said...

You are a wise wise woman Holly and you speak from your heart...I admire you lady! We all need reminding of the things in this post.... I am so thankful for the things that God has delivered me from too. Beautiful Post.
xoxo,
Queenie

Holly said...

Jesus is my wisdom, Queenie!

~ Hearts ~

The Little Miss said...

I would love to spend a day with you. You must just have the most calm and precious spirt. It would be so much fun just to get to know you and talk with you and encourage each other. Sometimes I need it. A young mom in this world that we live in today is hard! Its nice to have refreashing SWEET and BEAUTIFUL people like yourself!!!

Holly said...

Oh, Priscila! Ha! I *am* calm when I'm alone but I tend to be a chatter box when I'm with another girl- unless it's in a crowd, then I usually clam up!

I'm so glad you young moms can have friendships and encouragement through blogging. It would have helped me so much WAAAAY back then. Hee! I definetly was not super mom! I had no idea what I was doing! ~ faint ~ I was just a retired alcoholic/druggie trying to do things differently than what I had grown up seeing.

Do you know, my "public" writing began out of a need in my own life for encouragement? I would go to the computer and check mail- hoping- just hoping- that some one would be there to encourage me!!!! That's when the Lord instructed me to tell others what I needed to hear. AND He taught me how to draw encouragement from His life in me.

But I'm just like every one else... I enjoy acceptance, friendship, encouragement from others and FUN!

Feel free to come on here anytime or send me an email- okay?

Love,
Holly

Anonymous said...

God's rest is good, isn't it?

:D

Holly said...

Yes it is! It's very... restful!

:>