Thursday, May 1, 2008

Answer To Unspoken Prayer


I'm not positive but I think this is a photo of Lake Michigan. I lived near lake Michigan once. When I moved there, I didn't realize I'd be living so close to the lake or how big the lake was. If you've never been there, it's really BIG. It's like the ocean if it's a windy day- which is almost always! the beach is sandy and it just feels like "the beach". When I lived there, I considered it a gift from God; an answer to a unspoken request. You see, I had always wanted to live near the Pacific ocean. My heart longed for it. I love the ocean. But, my husband does not. In our marriage there is a lot of give and take. I don't have everything my way and he doesn't either. So, living by the ocean or visiting there often, isn't something I have done in my married life. But when we moved to Michigan, it was the next best thing. God gave me the desire of my heart while being sensitive toward my husband's desires too. God's like that. He loves His kids and likes to surprise them with little things at times. I love Him.

2 comments:

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...

Hi Holly,

I'm "LeeLee" from Tentmaker. I just checked out your blog. I'm from Michigan, too. I loved the pic of Lake Michigan. I think these type of photographs are so beautiful.

Just wanted to drop by and say, "hi".

Grace and peace,

"LeeLee"

Holly said...

Hi, LeeLee!

I lived in the pinkie for 5 (?) years. I've moved 7 times in 10 years so time has become a fuzzy concept for me. :>