Monday, September 1, 2008

Will This Ever End?


Do you feel frazzled from parenting babies or small children?
It's a job!
Yes... (repeat after me)
It's a rewarding job...
The kids are so cute...
There's nothing I'd rather do...
BUT some times...
you can't help but wonder if you're loosing your mind!
You ask, "Will all this work ever end?!"
Maybe you clicked on this blog today in hopes of encouragement to see you through another day of teething or colic.
I would have when I was in your demanding shoes!
Maybe you're dealing with sibling rivalry or the latest stomach virus.
Perhaps like mine, your babies are criers!
My toddlers were hyper climbers and fighters!
At the end of every day I was totally and completely exhausted!
I didn't see how in the world I was supposed to do all that I did...
And you know what else?
I always hated it when the older women would say,
"They grow up so fast! This too shall pass!"
And then they breezed away to their care free lives. La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...
I wanted to scream out,
"Hey! You! Lady with the clean dress! How about holding this baby so I can sleep?!"
:>
But no, I didn't do that because I have always leaned toward being a coward and of course I wouldn't want to hurt that poor lady's feelings!

Yes, yes, it is true. The time does pass quickly WHEN YOU LOOK BACK ON IT.
But while you're in it... Lord have mercy!
It can go by in slow motion and you can feel like those days of diapers and sickness will never end!
AND you can feel like everyone else is a better mother than you are.
You try to remember the happy moments and the fun times but you simply feel overwhelmed with responsibility.

Well, if I were near you this day, I would hold your baby.
I would bring you a meal.
I would watch the kids while you took a nap or went out to play.
I'd do your piles of dishes and wash the spit up out of your blouse.
I'd give you a hug if you wanted one.
But I'm not there. I'm here in blog land...
But I can ask our Father to send you help or strength or both.

Would you do that Father?
And could dry those tears too?
Thanks.
~Hearts~

4 comments:

candy said...

Dear Holly
You are Soooooooooooooo sweet!



Candy :)

Holly said...

Aw... Thanks Candy! That added sweetness to my already sweet day!
:>

~ Hearts~

Cheryl Ensom said...

Just precious. Love this post. I'd hand you the baby, too! ;) I'm going to email you about this one, too.... :)

Holly said...

Thanks Cheryl!


Aw... wish I could hold that baby too- or bounce- or rock- or.... :>

Hey, turns out I'm having problems with my computer now in every area. It took me a long time to get on here, too. It's not the most conveinant timing- that's for sure!

Help, Lord!